- working capital turnover,
- Indonesian banking
Copyright (c) 2023 Rahmat Rizaldy, Misti Hariasih
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This scientific article examines how liquidity, leverage, and working capital turnover affect profitability in the Indonesian banking sub-sector financial companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange between 2017 and 2021. The study used a sample of 15 companies selected randomly, and data analysis was done using SPSS version 22 for Windows. The results indicate that liquidity and working capital turnover significantly impact profitability, either partially or simultaneously. However, the adjusted R-square test revealed that only 14.8% of the variation in profitability is influenced by these variables, while the remaining 85.2% is influenced by other factors not studied in this research. The implication of this study is that Indonesian banking sub-sector financial companies should focus on improving liquidity and working capital turnover to increase profitability.
- Liquidity and working capital turnover have a significant impact on profitability in the Indonesian banking sub-sector financial companies.
- Improving liquidity and working capital turnover can increase profitability in these companies.
- Other factors not studied in this research also play a significant role in influencing profitability in the Indonesian banking sub-sector financial companies.
- Arifin, A. Z. (2018). Manajemen Keuangan (I. Aziz (ed.); Issue Februari). Zahir Publishing.
- Bordeleau, É., & Graham, C. (2010). The Impact of Liquidity on Bank Profitability (No. 2010–38).
- Chariri, A., & Ghozali, I. (2007). Teori Akuntansi. Badan Penerbit Universitaas Diponegoro.
- Hermawan, S., & Amirullah. (2016). Metode Penelitian Bisnis: Pendekatan Kuantitatif & Kualitatif. In Metode Penelitian Bisnis. Media Nusa Creative.
- Kasmir. (2010). Analisis Laporan Keuangan (10th ed.). Raja Grafindo Persada.
- Le, T. D., & Ngo, T. (2020). Central Bank Review The determinants of bank profitability : A cross-country analysis. 20, 65–73.
- Loredana, L. M., & Consantin, C. (2011). The Role and Importance of Leverage Rates in the Financial Management of the Company. Economic Sciences Serie, XI(2), 702.
- Samsul, M. (2015). Pasar Modal Dan Manajemen Portofolio (2nd ed.). Erlangga.
- Santosa, S. (2019). An Analysis of Financial Report on Profitability of Financial Institutions In Indonesia Stock Exchange. 01(01), 53–59.
- Sumartik, & Hariasih, M. (2018). Buku Ajar: Manajemen Perbankan (1st ed.). UMSIDA Press.
- Warrad, L. (2014). The Impact Of Working Capital Turnover On Jordanian Chemical Industries’ Profitability. American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, 5(3), 116–119.